Thursday, November 18, 2004

Boston Quick Chicks

The Red Sox are a wicked good team, but Boston was just introduced to the Quick Chicks- Nicole Magelsen, Jessica Heiner, me plus two other girls formed this great team that took second at a race in Rhode Island and awarded us good money. Sadly we were beat by a team of men who's average age was 67...It was actually very funny....they got a hadicap on the time based on age. We have some good pictures with those dudes in tights. (which I will later attempt to post) Next on my list is USATF cross-country nationals in Portland December, 6th running for Greater Boston Track club.
Overdue Congrats to Jolee! Nicole keeps me updated on all the wonderful details before they even reach the blog. And to Amy-how wonderful...we have 10 pregnant women in our ward right now...I'm feeling a little pressure...
Kristen/other readers-as far as books go The Education of Little Tree is fab, but you may have read it. I know Nicole and Jolee read it outloud while in the same apt. at BYU. Also The Spirit Cathces you and you Fall Down by Ann Fadiman is amazing and since you live in California more close to home. Its about a Hmong child who has epilepsy and her parents/doctos struggles to comunicate. I would love to hear your recomendaitons as well.
Well its 1 in the morning...better get to bed
hugs,
Sherida
one more..These is my Words by Nancy Turner (womens struggle on frontier in AZ)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home