Saturday, October 23, 2004

JoLee owes us steak!!!

Hi Meat Eaters...

I've intended to post on here for weeks, sorry for the delay. First off I think Congrats are in order for JoLee, and steaks are in order for us! Hmmm...this will be difficult logistically; okay, I guess you're off the hook for now JoLee.

Wow! It's great to hear from all of you, and know a little about what you do in your lives now. I miss having running buddies, but am glad you're having great adventures where you're at. I've started running with a group in South Jordan--today we did 400's and 800's on the track--I've even been cracking out my spikes for the track workouts and my calf muscles are finally starting to adapt.

My little Halle is a year old now! If I'm smart enough to figure it out I'll post some pictures. She's a lot of fun, except she's been working on more teeth this week which leads to strange behavior--for example: the other day at lunchtime, she loaded her mouth completely full of cut-up grapes, refused to put anything else in or chew the grapes up, and proceeded to play with her toys for an hour and a half with her cheeks puffed out like a chipmunk. Keep in mind that it's quite difficult to talk, laugh, or cry when one's mouth is stuffed with grapes--so occasionally she let out a small squeaking noise to communicate. Finally, she sneezed and lost her entire stash of grapes onto the floor!

When I'm not cleaning up grapes, I'm working 3 days a week as a dietitian doing diabetes education for Intermountain Health Care. It's a job I enjoy for the most part, although I find myself growing more and more cynical towards the food industry. I attended the American Association of Diabetes Educator's Conference in Indianapolis, IN in August--it was at the RCA Dome Convention Center where we raced a few times for indoor. So I ran the Novo-Nordisk 5k along that canal/zoo walk where we ran to warm-up/cool-down...it brought back memories.

Well I'll look forward to hearing more blog stories...will anyone be in Utah for the holidays this year so we can get together?

1 Comments:

At 3:42 PM, Blogger Nan said...

Hi All!
I was just chatting with Anika on the phone this morning and she told me about this site. Great idea! Its SO great to hear what everyone is up to. I hope you dont mind me joining in...after all, I HAVE gulped liquid iron consistently for a good part of my life!
But as for recent news, Aaron, our 3-month-old, Abe, and I are still living in Lehi. Aaron is the general manager for Trizon, the sales company for Comcast here in Utah. I am pretty much a stay at home with a fun little coaching opportunity at Lone Peak High School. We just had State on Wednesday and our top girl got 2nd! I'm also trying to get back into shape myself and am hoping to run the Ogden marathon in May. My first race since Abe was the BYU Homecoming 5k last week. It was good to see Lindsay, Devra, Jill, and Melissa Teemont! Melissa and I actually run together sometimes since she lives just a few miles away from me. I totally agree that we need to have a reunion! And hey, if its on the starting line of the St. George Marathon, so be it!
Keep in Touch!
-Nan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home