Saturday, September 09, 2006

Yeah Kansas!

After three amazing years in Boston, Hyrum and I decided to move to Seattle for some more grad school. Hyrum is going to be a freshman PhD student at the University of Washington in the electrical engineering program. So as part of the moving fun, Hyrum and I are on a cross-country journey from Boston to Seattle. We have been from Boston to Harmony, Lancaster to Gettysburg, and Nauvoo, but one of the most exciting legs of our journey was to visit JoLee and Nathan in Kansas City, Kansas.

JoLee and Nathan are amazing tour guides. Above you can see JoLee and I walking in Adam-ondi-Ahman.
Here we are in a corn field at the same place. Hyrum must be standing on a hill because I swear he isn't that much taller than me. :)
Cows, yup, hopefully they will also be there on that special general conference to come.
JoLee and I. This is a good one because it hides my 7 1/2 month pregnant belly. I don't think I have mentioned that before, but Hyrum and I are expecting a little bambino in October.
Hyrum and I in front of the Liberty Jail. It was a really sobering place, but Nathan must have said something funny.
This may be one of my favorite pictures. Only in Kansas do you see a school bus/pick-up truck combo that can pull a tractor too. Amazing.

Tomorrow we are back on the road heading to Sioux Falls, South Dakota. A few more hundred miles and a few more adventures. I hope to see you all sometime soon, maybe in Seattle?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home