Friday, March 17, 2006

New Baby!




Hey Friends! Kristen is RIGHT, we all need to post! So I'm setting a good example and going first...okay I also have some great news to report...we had another baby! She was born after a much shorter and easier labor than Abe's (thank goodness). This pregnancy and birth was a bit different than Abe's all along because with Abe I went to a Certified Nurse-Midwife and delivered him in a hospital, but this time after much thought and prayer, Aaron and I decided we wanted to have a Direct Entry Midwife and a Homebirth. I must say, for anyone who has ever considered Homebirth, it is AWESOME! (At least it was for us). :) I just labored through the night in the comfort of my own home with Aaron there to help me and Abe sleeping soundly in his room and then when we felt we needed her, Aaron called our Midwife and she and her assistant (another Midwife in training) were there 20 minutes later. They set everything up for the birth and a couple of hours later, our daughter was born. I had a lot less fear and anxiety about this birth and I think that enabled me to have less pain during labor too. Another detail is that our Midwife doesn't do ultrasounds, so we didn't know the sex of our baby beforehand, which I must admit was a bit difficult at times. (We were tempted to go to Fetal Photos just to find out the sex, but eventually convinced ourselves that it would be really exciting to find out at the time of birth--and it was!) Abe woke up a couple of hours after his baby sister was born and the midwives had cleaned everything up and were cooking us breakfast when Aaron brought him in the room. He was way excited and kept saying "baby sister!" and looking closely at her. All day yesterday and today he has been saying "baby sister sleeping" or "baby sister sad" or "baby sister noisy." It is SOOO cute! And after holding her for a couple of days now and reviewing our favorite girl names, we've decided to name her Breanne. So there you have it! Breanne Kennard, born at home on March 16, 2006 at 4:20 a.m. 8 lbs. 7 oz. 20.5 in.
-Nan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home