Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Loving the Pacific Northwest


(Excuse my slouch. I didn't have the backpack adjusted right!)

Hi, Friends!

It's honestly been about a year since I've posted, so I am much overdue! Nate, Lily, and I moved to Washington state from Illinois last October, and we are really enjoying the Pacific Northwest. We have gone hiking twice in the last three weekends, and it doesn't take long to get to beautiful places.

Lily will be a year old on April 6, and she is so big! I hope she starts walking soon, because I can barely carry her around. She is crawling all over the place, pulling everything out of my cupboards (latching them is on tonight's task list), clapping her hands, feeding herself, and flirting with just about anyone who will pay attention to her. She is a girl full of passion - when she's happy, she's really happy, and when she's mad, she's really mad. Her happy moments definitely outweigh the mad ones, so we have a lot of fun.

I am keeping busy training for the Boston marathon (but I'm not training super-seriously - just going for the experience), volunteering with a local track team 2-3 afternoons a week, and attempting some part-time work from home for a web development company. I am busy, but I've always enjoyed the multi-dimensional life.

Has anyone read anything good lately? I'm working on East of Eden by John Steinbeck, and I haven't decided if I would recommend it or not. It's definitely engaging and thought-provoking.

I love reading about how you all are doing! Congratulations on the new babies and PRs!

Best wishes to you all,

Amy Bair Cooper

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home