Wednesday, July 05, 2006

My Summer


Hi Girls,
I finally got around to reading all your posts and it sounds like everyone is having a fabulous summer.
Peter, Soren, and I are once again living in Colorado while Pete works with his dad. We will be returning to Provo in August for his final year of law school and will end up back in Colorado somewhere by next August.
Pete's parents practically begged us to take a vacation so they could watch Soren. We finally relented and are headed to Key West in a few weeks. I'm pretty nervous about leaving Soren for 5 days, but I think it's a long overdue vacation. We will be flying from Key West to Salt Lake for a friend's wedding. Kristen, you should give me a call while you're in Utah since we'll be there at the same time.
Our summer has been fairly uneventful. I ran the Boulder Bolder 10K and pretty much puked my guts out. Why is it that racing post baby is so much more painful? That race pretty much solidified for me that I will not be running a marathon anytime soon. I guess I've lost my guts somewhere between graduating and being a full time mom.
Soren is 14 months and the busiest little guy I know. As soon as he wakes up in the morning, he points outside and says, "bird", which means he wants to be outside. We spend most of our day outside looking at birds, dogs, playing at the park, playing with balls, playing in the water, and tinkering around the neighbor's yard. If we are inside, he's laying his body against the door crying and pointing outside.
As a result, I don't get a whole lot accomplished. As embarrased as I am to say, I have been reading Sense and Sensibility for about 2 months and can't seem to get past page 100. As we speak, Soren has climbed up onto the couch, grabbed the garbage can I put on the table beside the couch, grabbed a candy wrapper out of the can and is licking it. These are what my days are like. Does anyone want to come visit me?
Katie Sabey

1 Comments:

At 1:53 PM, Blogger JoLee said...

Katie, I have to say that I'm pretty excited that you will be living in Colorado. We will have to meet up when I come to visit. I can't believe how old Soren is!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home