Thursday, January 13, 2005

Maggie's e-mail

Alright girls, it is time for some of you to post again. I can't believe I am posting back to back. First of all, Happy Birthday to Sarah yesterday! Second, Kristen, your pictures from Christmas on your family blog are darling. I can't believe how big Rachel and Blake are. We missed all of you at JoLee's bridal shower this last Saturday. Melanie, Katie, and I represented the running portion of JoLee's friends at the shower. Wish you all could have been here. Hopefully I few more of you will be able to make it to the wedding in February.

I wish I had time to say more, but I am in school again and time is short. I just wanted to post a portion of an e-mail that Maggie sent to me. I know a few of the rest of you were on her list, but since the majority of you were not, and since I don't have all of your e-mail addresses to forward the message to, I am posting most of what she sent. I told her to talk to Kristen about the limitations of the blog, and whether that was a better way to go. I don't know if the blog is feasible for what Maggie wants, especially with a larger number of people. Maggie's e-mail address is mchanroper@hotmail.com. I am sure she would like to know what you think of her idea. Maybe Kristin can enlighten us about the pros and cons of myfamily.com v. the blog.

Jill


Maggie's e-mail "should we be a family?":

Hi, everyone,
I think I am bored to death being a stay-home mom without running. I have
just a little idea to keep in touch with everyone a while back but I don't
know if anyone would participate. I am thinking to have an account in
"myfamily.com". Then we can share pictures and update life with one and
another. A standard account is almost $30 per year for 100 MB and $55 for
200 MB. If we have a good number of people participate, it may cost $2 a
person to do that. Would anyone be interested in this?
Since I hate to cc people on a massive list to expose everyone to junk mail,
I bcc the people below.

[the names of about 25 ex-runners]

Sorry to everyone that I may have spelled your name wrong since the time I
met you and I may not remember everyone's last name.
Here is a list of people I can think of but I don't have their email
address.

[names of more ex-runners, including some of you]

I am sure I am missing a lot of people. If you have their email address,
please forward this message to them. I will be in Utah for my foot surgery
in Feb., I will be able to do a lot of things on the computer after that.
Let give everyone some time to think about it and I will keep everyone
update probably sometime in Feb.
Of course, Coach is on the list of invitation to share his life and
everything else on the team.
Okay.
Talk to you all later.
maggie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home