Friday, January 14, 2005

Happy 2005

Happy New Year everyone. Hope Christmas was good to all. I was in Utah for a few days and Montana for a few weeks and Nevada for a week; I'm actually glad the break is over and I can come home to Boston! (Oh yeah, this is Emily Raymond, by the way).

Here's all the gossip I got while in Utah. I had lunch with Tia Babbel, who is now Tia Hejny. She married Seth, her Stanford Sweetheart, last year and they finished up his degree in San Fran and now they're in Provo so Tia can finish. She is in her last semester and doing an internship at the Provo Boys and Girls Club.

Katie Moon aka "Mooner" is also in her last semester of her undergrad and is working in the Bean Science Museum doing research on plants and such. She has applied to grad school and hopes to get into BYU, Utah State, or Wyoming. Mooner's missionary that she claims to not like is coming home in less than two months. Good luck to Cowboy Anthony.

Tiffany Rust is up and running two or three miles a day despite the achilles surgery last year. She had her first elementary school teaching rotation and loves being called Miss Rust.

Ember Smith is a full-time teaching intern. She teaches fifth graders and fits in way too well. She sounds like an awesome teacher. She told her class she pays taxes that go right back to them, so they'd better be good and learn!

I am taking a little nine-month break from any sort of serious mileage. There is a seven-inch growth in my belly. I am due in June and totally excited - and totally scared. I'm the one that always hid in the locker room when flu shots came around. I hate hate hate needles. At my first baby appointment, the doctor sucked out 6 vials of blood. I had to lay down and deep breathe for that. An epidural does not sound fun. So that's my big news. I also moved, so I'm not in Sherida's ward anymore. Scott and I moved because our apartment had lead paint in it (not good for the baby). We're five minutes north of Boston now.

This posting is getting way too long. How is everyone else doing?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home