Saturday, October 08, 2005

Poopy diapers

Hi Girls,

I haven't checked this blog in forever, but I'm so glad I did tonight. Kristen-I loved your last blog. This morning I met up with the team for a long run. I hardly know any of them, but since Jill is still out of town, I was desperate for a running partner. Just listening to them chat and get so excited over boys, what they did last night, etc made me miss the days when we were all on the team. I definitely miss having my girls around to talk about everything under the sun.
Some days when I'm changing diapers and wiping snot off of Soren's nose I wish for one of you guys to drop by and beg me to go on a run for just a little while.
Life is good. I guess I should do a quick update. Soren Vance was born on April 27, 2005. I don't think it was as bad as everyone makes it out to be. I strongly believe in epidurals. He's such a cute little guy and so full of energy that I'm exhausted by the end of every day.
I'm working just two days a week for a few hours. Pete is still in law school, teaching American Heritage, working in a small claims court, and taking care of Soren while I work. Life is pretty crazy, but it's good. We love having Soren. He definitely makes our day a lot brighter (and a lot more exhausting).
We spent the summer in Colorado while Pete worked. We actually moved when Soren was 3 days old-not something I would recommend to anyone in the right mind.
I chickened out on the marathon. Maybe someday if someone wants to live close by and do those really boring long runs with me, I may reconsider.
Since Kristen and Nicole mentioned good books, I'll recommend a few. I actually ended up reading 14 books this last summer. (newborns sleep a lot). I loved A Tree Grows in Brooklyn...I just re-read Peace Like a River. I think it's one of my favorites. So Big is another good one. Just in case people need some good reading.
I love reading the blog and seeing how you guys are doing. If any of you are ever in Provo, look me up. I would love to see you. Nicole-we better run while you're here!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home