Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Slacker

Maybe if you are lucky Hyrum and I will serenade you with our accordions if you come and visit.

Hyrum in our tiny rental car in Mexico. We loved it.
Me learning to milk a cow in Boise
On the day we took engagement pictures.
I love this site and I don't know why I can't seem to post ever. I guess I am a slacker. I was supposed to tell you all about my engagement, marriage, etc... and so far, nothing. So most of you know that I got engaged last November to Hyrum Spencer Anderson. He is from Boise, Idaho and by marrying him I got over two of my prejudices, Idaho, and naming children really Mormonish names. He is great. Some of you red meat nighters already met him. He is an engineer and so slightly nerdy but really fun too. He works for MIT as a researcher. He is taking some classes this fall there which will hopefully go towards his PhD if he gets in full-time for next fall. I am still working at Fresenius Medical Care, a world-wide dialysis company. I don't like working for big-business but my clinics are great. I have three in the Boston area that I visit and the patient population is very interesting. I have people from all walks of life, mostly poor inner city and immigrant populations. They are really fun. Hyrum and I are likely going to be stuck out on the east coast for a few more years, maybe up to six or so but we will see. We have an extra bedroom in our place so we would love visitors whenever any of you can. Boston is a great place to visit, particularly in the spring and fall. Also, all of you marathon runners gotta do the Boston at least once in your life. Even if you royally screw it up like I did. I ran it this year but it was pretty pathetic. I hadn't run for nearly a month due to a foot injury, plus it was one day after returning home from our honeymoon to Mexico, so needless to say, I ran it real slow with several stops along the way to get sick, etc... Everyone knows what it is like to have a bad race, but one 26.2 miles long can be excrutiating. So as soon as I get up my nerve again I need to do another one to redeem myself.
I am sorry this is sooo long but I do want to tell you a little about the wedding. It was April 8th in Seattle. The day was beautiful! It was sunny and nice despite the pounding rain the day before. We had a nice luncheon afterwards and then were off by around 4pm. You saw some pictures of the reception that Kristen posted with me and Hyrum and our accordions. I haven't practiced much since I have been home but Hyrum finally did fix my accordion which embarrassed me with technical difficulties after I had worked so long to learn a song for the reception. It was so fun to have a lot of red meat nighters at the wedding and I wished I could have had more time to spend talking with everyone. We went on our honeymoon to Cancun Mexico which was really fun. Hyrum lost his wedding ring in an underground lake called a Cenote when he was trying to climb up a stallagtite. It was too deep and dark to find on our own but a Mexican kid found it and was happy with our few peso reward. It was an adventure. I am going to try to post some pictures too. I love hearing from you all!
Nicole Edith Anderson :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home