Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Crazy Christmas Break

Hello Everyone. It's JoLee. I decided that I was overdue for another posting. Kristen, your Christmas letter was too cute! And Emily, thanks for the catch-up on everyone. Congratulations on the baby. That is so exciting.

This has been the most eventful Christmas Break of my life. It all started when Nathan came to Kansas to do some work for Hallmark. I then was in the midst of finishing finals and a reunion, and I am not complaining. Nathan and I drove from Kansas to Colorado Springs where we spent Christmas with my family. Not only did we have Nathan there, but this was my brother's first Christmas since coming home from his mission. Needless to say, we had a great time and lots of laughs. After Christmas Nathan and I headed from Sacramento for New Years. We drove my little Golf (which is an extremely faithful car) to Utah where we spent the night and headed out the next mornig across Nevada in Nathan's Accord. We ran into some weather over the Sierras and had to put chains on the tires. I'd never experienced that (despite living in Colorado my whole life - I'm sure someone here uses chains, but it's not me.) Anyway, we made it to Sacramento which was a great relief. In California we had two family parties and were disappointed that it rained so much. We had already driven about 1500 miles, and we were only half way done.

We drove back to Utah and stayed for a week. I did a bunch of wedding stuff, seeing as Provo is wedding central. I also was so delighted to see everyone. The wedding shower was a really great time thanks to Jill who knows how to throw a party. I'm now back in Colorado. Nathan and I had to split up for the last two legs of the journey because once we got to Utah we had both cars. I plan to go to Kansas on Sunday. Nathan is already back there living in our apartment. He started his job at Hallmark today, and I'm eager to hear how it went.

So, I guess I should thank KU for providing me with such a long Christmas break. It's been fun. I'm excited to go back to Kansas and start school again. I think the break is long enough!

I am now working on the wedding announcements. I do not have all your addresses, so if you would like an announcement please email me your address as jolee@ku.edu. Thanks Liz, for sending me yours. I'll post again soon.

JoLee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home