Thursday, September 23, 2004

Hi from Boston

Hey folks! This is Nicole speaking. I think that this is a great idea.
I want to see everyone post pictures and write memoirs. I don't have a
picture to post yet but I soon hope to. I still have an old
conventional camera so no high-tech digital loading for me.

Ahhh life, where do I start? I feel like Heavenly Father is blessing
me profusely these days. I am still out here in Massachusetts. I
recently moved from Framingham to Watertown. Watertown is about three
or four miles from Boston but on the other side of the Charles River.
It is a nice spot and I adore my roommates. Two are from Utah and one
from Indiana, and one from California. I met them in my ward and they
are outstanding. If any of you want to come out for a visit our house
has a great futon in a little sun room. Also one roommate is engaged
so in October we will have a spare bedroom. I would love for any of
you to come take advantage of me.

I recently got a new job. I finished my dietetic internship at Mount
Auburn Hospital in Cambridge, and now I am working at three dialysis
clinics. I am working with patients with chronic kidney failure who
are on dialysis, or basically an artificial kidney. I will be at a
dialysis clinic in downtown Boston, and two ghettos/barrios of Boston;
Roxbury and Hyde Park. The patients are really fun. It is a completely
different population then you ever see down-town Provo, that is for
sure. There is a big learning-curve for me and right now I am feeling
a little overwhelmed but I think I am going to like it.

I guess the last but definitely not the least thing in my life right
now is that I am dating someone pretty special. His name is Hyrum and
he is from Idaho. I met him here in the ward. He actually graduated
last year from BYU with me with his masters in electrical engineering.
He works for MIT at an Air Force base doing research. He is wicked
smart (note the Boston slang and smart is to be pronounced smaht :)).
So anyways, I am totally smitten. He came out to Seattle over Labor
Day and I am going home with him for Thanksgiving. One of my favorite
things about him is how funny and fun he is. He isn't embarrassed to
do funny things. We went to a local high school football game and they
didn't have a band so at half-time he went out to his car and got his
accordian (which he learned to play on his mission in Russia) and
played some songs. It cracked me up.

Well, anyway, that is about the extent of my life these days. I have
been running with some of our favorite former-BYU athletes, Jessica
Heiner and Sherida Bird. I am also supposed to meet up with Emily Mars
Raymond tomorrow to go running. I wish you all were here to come with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home