Monday, September 20, 2004

Fun with JoLee

I just want you all to know that I was fortunate enough to hang out with Nathan and JoLee today for a couple of hours. All I can say about that is those two are perfect for each other! He just totally respects her and knows her and is very fun to talk to - he even listened intently as we spoke about all of the running friends. It was great fun except when Rachel peed through her diaper onto JoLee.

I am doing well, mostly just surviving. Someone the other day said to me - having one kid is a hobby, having two is a full time job. I definitely agree - I guess I can best sum it up by saying that I love my full time job, but miss my other hobbies. Rachel is a good baby, she is starting to smile and interact more. She is also in the 95th percentile for her weight, already at the 12 lb mark, Blake was 12 pounds probably at4 months. I'm not sure I will have a runner for Coach Shane, but Legas should get a shot-putter.

I do change a lot of diapers, but there are great moments - Blake kissing Rachel's forehead and rubbing her stomach while saying it's OK baby. Blake and Cory running around the living room in a circle yelling PATZI (Pizza - Blake's favorite food), dancing to Elmo, catching snails at the park, early morning runs by myself, reading books about choo-choo trains and learning more than I ever wanted to know about beatles, ants and moths.

I am trying of course to keep myself busy, my newest front is as a member of the Republican women's club - I am not sure if I quite fit in. Most of the members are in their 60's and driving huge Lincoln Continentals to the country club where they eat a fancy lunch and talk about how to save their tax dollars from the evil government and how Bush is perfect. I am not sure I agree with everything that they say, but it is definitely inspiring to see old ladies interested in the school system volunteering all over the place in the community. I also called up the special olympics chapter around here and I am hoping to volunteer with them some over the year. We will see.

I am not coaching, which is hard for me. I miss my girls and my boys! But, I do get to go watch them run and feel good when they are excited to see me. Plus, I just enjoy, I don't have to get mad when the silly freshman is munching on cupcakes when she should be on the line.

I have started running, I can go a good 30 minutes and still feel good. St. George 2005 is the training obejective. Sarah Ellis has committed- anyone else want to give it a go? You can even walk it - I just want to have a reunion.

I hope you all like the pictures and that you write a long note. I miss you all- how bout you all move out to the East Bay? Think how much fun it would be!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home