Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Just checking in...

Hi all! Just thought I'd post an update since it's been a while for me.....
So Aaron and I finally finished our back yard!!! Yeah! We have grass! I also planted a garden and Aaron built a deck while I was at Girl's Camp with the YW of our ward. I was pretty impressed because in the four days while I was gone, Aaron fulfilled the roles of Dad, Mom, Regional Manager for his company, AND Construction Guru around the house. He was up past 1 a.m. every night working since that was the most effective time to get stuff done (when Abe was asleep). That was two weeks ago, and just last night we started another fun house project, replacing our kitchen and half of our front room floor with hard-wood. My hands are aching from hammering and sawing SO many slabs of wood. Its GREAT! I dont know why we got such a fix-er-up additude lately, but we did, and it's been FUN! Its really rewarding to see a job finished and have worked so hard on it. Although, I wouldn't mind if in the future we are in the financial position to just pay other people to do all the hard-labor fix-up type jobs around the house. :) But if anyone has any questions about building decks, laying floor and sod, putting in sprinkler systems and a garden, or building retaining walls just ask us, 'cause we've certainly learned A LOT these last couple of months (and made a lot of mistakes too). :)
Oh and its always fun to write about other teammates I've seen lately....Amy Cooper called me last week when she was in town and we went running in Alpine with the High School team I coach. It was GREAT to catch up with her and have a good-ol chatty run. I also saw Lindsay Dunkley and Kara Bankhead at a 10k race around BYU last Saturday. It was one of those "wow, they're giving prize money to the top 10 finishers, maybe I'll do it" last minute races and it turned out to be extremely competetive because of that prize money. I was quite impressed with how fast Lindsay and Kara ran! Go girls! I was a few minutes behind them, and far from even getting the 10th place $100, but it was still a fun run around BYU and also good to see Coach Shane and a few other girls still on the team that I haven't seen for a long time. :)
And that is the Kennard update!
-Nan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home